Friday, May 27, 2016

Gebrechlichkeit Interview


1.Can you give us an update on what has been going on with the musical project since the recording and release of the new album?
We were playing some more concerts and for this, the constellation of the musicians changed. Now grom on drums, Kveldulfur e- guitar and myself on bass guitar and vocals. We have get rid of the bassist, because it doens´t worked with him well.
Now it runs better then before; just three members, but they take the project and the music serious.

2.In March you had released a new album, how would you describe the musical sound that is presented on the recording and also how does it differ from the stuff you have released in the past?
A walk trough the darkness, beside the abyss, where you can hear bones breaking and the damned cream. This explain exactly how the sound goes.
The songs are more structured and produced at the point. It´s much better then the previous one.


3.This is the first album to be released in 4 years, can you tell us a little bit more about what has been going on during that time span?
Well, the last years I have focused primarily on the live project.
Ii am a perfectionist, too. You will see this work on layout of the album for example.
 Creating a new musical masterpiece is a fist full of work; everything about this album is, again, all done by myself.



4.What are some of the lyrical topics and subjects you explore with the newer music?
Primarily fear, a deep unnormal suspect of oddities.. packed in methaphorical, ambiguity lyrics.


5.What is the meaning and inspiration behind the name 'Gebrechlichkeit'?
It is about the fragility and transience of human life, the experience for what black metal stands.
It has no context with burzum songs or stuff like this.

6.On the albums you record everything by yourself, are you open to working with other musicians on the recording?
Basically yes, but I think my sound could get (negative) influenced by this.
If it could be interested for me, I dont know yet.

7.What are some of the best shows your live line up has played so far and also how would you describe your stage performance?
One of our best the concerts was in b-hof, wuerzburg. A nice location in an old winecellar. The place has an awesome atmosphere, perfect for our performance. One word for our show: repulsive.

8.Do you have any touring or show plans for the future?
An own tour is instead of working time not possible.
But it´s also not easy to get gigs for coming years. For some organizer our show is too extreme, so that they dont want to take us again. We play exclusive concerts in special chosen locations, everywhere in germany. But for concerts outside from this country we're open, too.

9.The new album was released on 'Human To Dust', can you tell us a little bit more about this label?
The label HDT just working with black metal projects.
So far a good corporation. The owner lives not far away, so if there are any problems we can meet  and talk.


10.On a worldwide level how has the feedback been to your new album by fans of black metal?
Consistently positive. You know you can´t satisfy every different tastes of music, but fans who are interested in this music and lifestyle are fascinated.

11.Where do you see yourself heading into as a musician in the future?
Still making fuckin Plague'n'Roll


12.What are some of the bands or musical styles that have had an influence on your newer music and also what are you listening to nowadays?
In past Gorgoroth, for example, is a band which open a gate into a new world for me.
Today I´ve got no idols, I do my own stuff, go my own way. I dont want to step in footsteps, I will leave my own..

13.How would you describe your views on Satanism?
I am the god of my own world, I determine my way. Loving the negatives in life.

14.Before we wrap up this interview, do you have any final words or thoughts?
Like i did it every time:
Someone walking with blind eyes through life. Others are determined to accomplish bigger things. So I go my way for accomplishing great doings, that I'm going to immortal.

Facebook
Homepage
Myspace
YouTube

No comments:

Post a Comment